|Product Lines > Discontinued Products > HCA-2205AT 5 Channel Amplifier:|
Hold onto your seats. Our HCA-2205AT is one of the largest Home THX Ultra-certified amplifiers on the market without a noisy cooling fan. With five channels delivering 220 watts each, you can drive your front, center, and surround channels with explosive power and captivating grace. Stereophile Guide to Home Theater calls this "just about the perfect 5-channel home-theater amp."
- Circuitry designed by John Curl
- THX Ultra-certified
- Direct Coupled -- no capacitors or inductors in signal path
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- High bias Class A/AB operation
- 2 kVA Toroid power transformer with independent secondary windings for each channel, 150,000 µF power supply filter capacitance
- Independent power supplies for each channel
- Hand matched complementary JFET input stages and MOSFET driver stages
- 40 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- AC present, standby/normal, current overload, temperature indicators
- Rear mounted gain controls and rear handles
- 12 volt DC automatic turn-on circuitry; ground lift switch
- Tiffany-style RCA input jacks
- Gold-plated 5 way speaker binding posts
- Color coded, gold plated brass banana plugs included
- 4 rack space height front panel
Power Output - Each Channel:
220 watts RMS x 5, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, all channels driven; 300 watts RMS x 5, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, all channels driven
- Current Capacity:
60 amperes peak per channel
- Slew Rate:
- Power Bandwith:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03 % at full power
- IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
- Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
- Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 60 dB at 20 kHz
- Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.5 V for full output
- Input Impedance:
33 k Ω
- S/N Ratio:
> 118 dB, full power; > 96 dB, THX Reference
- Level Damping Factor:
> 1000 at 20 Hz
- Power Consumption:
w 19" x h 7" x d 19 1/2", h 7 5/8" with feet
- Net Weight:
- Where should I set the volume controls on the back of my amp?
Under normal conditions you should turn them all the way to allow full power output from your amp. However, if you need to match the volume output of one of our stereo amps with another brand (BiAmping) you could adjust them accordingly.
- What does the "A" stand for at the end of the model name?
Auto-turn on. It means these amplifiers have 12V triggers that allow a preamp to activate them remotely. Some kind of triggering device is necessary for 12V activation.
- What is the difference between the HCA-2205A and the HCA-2205AT?
The faceplate (and some necessary chassis modifications) is all we changed. The internal electronics are identical. Sorry, we cannot modify "A" versions to "AT".