|Product Lines > Discontinued Products > AV Processor/Preamplifier:|
Our AVC-1800 Audio Video Controller offers Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic and dts processing, a precision FM/AM tuner, convenient onscreen display and even dual zone control. With its 12V DC triggering to turn on one of our amps at the same time, you have the convenience and affordability of an all-in-one receiver, plus the superior sound that comes only with high-end separate components.
- 24-bit Burr Brown PCM 1716 D-A converters
- 24-bit processing
- Dolby Digital, DTS, LucasFilm Cinema Re-EQ, and Dolby Pro Logic
- Automatically Detects Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1 flag
- Four Audio/Video Inputs with Composite and S-Video Connectors
- Three Separate Audio Inputs plus tuner
- Two Coaxial and two optical digital inputs
- Surround modes and digital inputs are assignable to inputs
- 5.1 channel analog input for forward compatibility
- On-screen display, switchable for NTSC or PAL regions
- High quality FM/AM stereo tuner with 29 presets and preset scan
- Stereo bass and treble controls with bypass
- Remote zone audio with separate 12 Volt DC triggers
- External IR inputs, separate for main and remote zones
- Backlit Universal learning remote control
- High current encapsulated toroid power transformer
- FR4 glass epoxy mil-spec circuit boards
- Gold plated RCA jacks
- Removable IEC AC cord
- Frequency Response:
Front (Large) 10 Hz-20 kHz
Front (Small) 80 Hz-20 kHz
Rear (Large) 10 Hz-20 kHz
Rear (Small) 80 Hz-20 kHz
Center (Large ) 10 Hz-22 kHz
Center (Small ) 80 Hz-22 kHz
Subwoofer (LPF) 10 Hz-80 Hz
Subwoofer (300 Hz) 10 Hz-300 Hz
- Harmonic Distortion:
Front < 0.008 %
Center < 0.008 %
Rear < 0.008 %
Subwoofer < 0.008 %
- Input Impedance:
Analog Inputs 10 k Ω
Coaxial Digital Inputs 75 Ω
- IM Distortion: (1 kHz 1V Output)
All Channels < 0.06 %
- Signal/Noise Ratio: (Flat/A-Weighted)
Front 90 dB / 93 dB
Center 90 dB / 93 dB
Rear 75 dB / 82 dB
Subwoofer 85 dB / 93 dB
- Video Section: (Output 1 V / 75 W Load)
Sensitivity: 1 V + /- 0.5 dB
Frequency Response: 0.3 MHz -10 MHz + /- 1 dB
Overload: 2.5 V P-P
17 1/8" wide x 4 1/2" high x 13" deep 5 7/8" high with feet
- Power Requirements:
110 V - 120 V 60 Hz AC, 60 W 220 V - 240 V 50 Hz AC, 60 W
- Tuning Range:
FM: 87.5 MHz to 108 MHz
AM: 520 kHz to 1610 kHz
- FM Sensitivity:
Mono IHF 11 dBf
Stereo: IHF 37 for 50 dB of quieting
- AM Sensitivity:
IHF 10 uV/m
- Signal to Noise Ratio:
>74 dB Stereo 65 dBf IHF Weighted
- FM Stereo
50 dB @ 1 kHz
40 dB @ 10 kHz
- FM Selectivity:
- AM Selectivity:
- FM Frequency Response:
30 Hz to 15 kHz +/- 1 dB
- AM Frequency Response:
20 Hz to 4.5 kHz +/- 2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
FM Mono < 0.08 %
FM Stereo < 0.2 %
AM < 0.5 %
- Capture Ratio:
< 1.5 dB
- AM Suppression:
- Is it upgradeable?
No, we can upgrade EPROM software, but new surround technologies can not be incoorpoated internally. However, because of the 5.1 analog inputs and external Surround EX processors such as the CSE 6.1 the AVC-1800 is still a very valid center to any great home theater.
- How many audio inputs does it have?
- How many audio/video inputs does it have?
- How many S-Video inputs does it have?
- Will it switch Component Video signals? No. It will switch composite and S-Video.
- How many digital inputs does it have, and what type?
Four. Two Coaxial, two Toslink.
- Does it have digital outputs for recording digital signals?
- Does it have a learning remote, and what kind of remote is it? (Normal or LCD)
Yes, the AVC-1800 comes with a learning remote similar to the Universal 8000/9000. It is a standard style remote with back lit, rubber buttons and seven pages of learning.
- Does it process signals using 24 bit processors? Yes. The analog to digital (A/D), the digital to analog (D/A) and the surround processing are all done 24 bit.
- How many surround modes does it have, and what are they?
Stereo - use this mode for two channel musical sources.
Dolby Digital - for Dolby incoded movies, either 5.1 or 2.0 Dolby ProLogic
DTS - for dts encoded movies and music
- Does it have a tuner?
Yes, it has a high quality FM and AM tuner with 29 presets.
- Is the AVC-1800 capable or running a second zone?
Yes, it has stereo outputs for distributing audio throughout the house.
- AVR-1800 Remote Control for AVC-1800