|Product Lines > Discontinued Products > HCA-1500A 2 Channel Amplifier:|
- Designed by John Curl
- THX certified by Lucasfilm Ltd.
- Independent power supplies for each channel
- Massive 1 kVA toroid power transformer
- 60,000 µF computer-grade capacitors in power supply
- Multiple polystyrene film bypass capacitors in power supply
- DC Trigger Auto On Feature
- Cascoded Class A input stages with matched J-FET pairs
- Handpicked complementary MOSFET transistors in high voltage driver stage
- 8 complementary pairs of 15 ampere 50 MHz output transistors
- Output transistors direct-coupled to speakers without LRC networks
- DC servo direct-coupled audio circuits with 0.8 Hz rolloff
- High-bias Class A/AB operation
- Gold-plated metal structure RCA input jacks
- Gold-plated looping output jacks
- Multiple temperature sensors and silver-cadmium relay protection
- Glass epoxy circuit boards, double-sided for precision
- Custom designed audiophile-grade AC power cord
- Multiple Protection Circuits
- Continuous Power Output - Stereo:
205 Watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 8 Ω, both channels driven
315 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, both channels driven
- Continuous Power Output - Mono:
630 watts RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω
- Current Capacity:
60 amperes peak per channel
- Slew Rate:
> 130 V/µsecond
- Frequency Response:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03% at full power; < 0.01 % typical levels
- IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
- Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
- Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 60 dB at 20 kHz
- Input Impedance:
33 k Ω
- Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.2 V for full output
- S/N Ratio:
> 110 dB, input shorted, IHF A-weighted
- Damping Factor:
> 800 at 20 Hz
- Power Consumption:
w 19" x h 5 1/4" x d 16", h 5 7/8" with feet
- Net Weight:
Which set of jacks do I use to connect my preamp to my amp?
Although it looks like there are two sets of inputs on our stereo amplifiers, there is actually only one set. They are labeled INPUTS. The other set of connectors are labeled LOOPING OUTPUTS. These would be used to send the stereo signal on to another amplifier. Daisy chain several amps to run multiple pairs of speakers. Do not use the LOOPING OUTPUTS as an input.
What would sound better in my audiophile system? Two HCA-1000As in mono or one HCA-1500A in stereo?
The HCA-1500A run in stereo should sound better since it has MOSFETs in the driver stage. Better parts, smoother sound, more detail, etc.
Where should I set the volume controls on the back of my amp?
Under normal conditions you should turn them all the way to allow full power output from your amp. However, if you need to match the volume output of one of our stereo amps with another brand (BiAmping) you could adjust them accordingly.
Will these amps handle a four ohm speaker while the two channels are bridged to MONO?
No. Remember amps bridged to mono will "see" half the impedance the speaker is actually presenting. Sustained 2 Ohm loads are not advisable with any Parasound amplifier.
How many pairs of speakers can I run off a single stereo amplifier?
Usually we recommend you only run one pair of speakers, either 8 ohm or 4 ohm. For the safest multi pair installation, you could use a speaker switching box, like our SPS-140, to safely handle the load the speakers will present. Plus it will give you more control over which pairs are playing.
What does the "A" stand for at the end of the model name?
Auto-turn on. It means these amplifiers have 12V triggers that allow a preamp to activate them remotely. Some kind of triggering device is necessary for 12V activation.